Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Eve Jones Introduction




Hello!

 My name is Eve Jones and I’m a sophomore majoring in CED with a focus in International Development. I hope that over the course of this class I will gain a wider perspective on the various cultures, communities, and challenges faced by countries around the world. The CED major interests me because I love to travel and explore foreign cultures. At Penn State I am also involved in an A cappella group on campus called The Coda Conduct and Penn State’s Community Nutrition and Food Security club. This past summer I interned at an organization called Share Our Strength: No Kid Hungry. Share our Strength is a non-profit organization that works to end childhood hunger in the United States. Over the course of this summer I learned various ways this problem is addressed both nationally and internationally. I’m looking forward to learning more about development around the world and how to better address the problems these communities face.

5 comments:

  1. What kinds of things does the Community Nutrition and Food Security Club do? I'm very interested in that! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eve! I am also in love with traveling and exploring foreign cultures. I feel like the International Development option would give you the opportunity to further explore those cultures as well as gaining the necessary knowledge and skills to aid in their development (if needed of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like the same things got us interested in this major! I'm also very excited for this classes' focus on international issues and cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eve! Sounds like you have a lot of interests that are really important to international development. I think understanding a culture is so important to finding the right development strategy for a particular place, so it's awesome that you're interested in learning about them. Also, A cappella sounds like a blast. :D

    ReplyDelete