Friday, August 26, 2016

Student Introuction: Emily Seiger

My name is Emily Seiger and I am a junior currently pursuing a double major in both Nutritional Sciences and Community, Environment, and Development (International Development option). I started originally in Nutrition but after realizing that my learning goals were not being met, I decided to try CED as well and have since loved what I've been learning. I'm super interested in Food Security, Global Nutrition/Hunger, Micronutrient Deficiencies and the other issues surrounding these ideas. (Poverty, Disease, Development, etc.) I also am involved with an organization on campus called International Justice Mission where we plan events to raise money and awareness about issues related to Human Trafficking. I really love to be outside and hike and play volleyball!

3 comments:

  1. It's great to see so many different interest areas while reading these introductions. Food security is so important to development and the social issues associated with poverty. International Justice Mission sounds like a great project too! I'm also passionate about raising awareness about Human Trafficking. Looking forward to getting to know you better this semester! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The international Justice Movement sounds like a really awesome club that I would love to get more information about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! I am also very interested in poverty and disease. I highly suggest that you look into the Global Health minor because it would give you the opportunity to gain more knowledge on these topics and more.

    ReplyDelete