Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hi! My name is Sydnie Dempelein and I am a junior majoring in Community, Environment, and Development with the Community and Economic Development option; I am also pursuing a Leadership Development minor. With this, I hope to work in various large urban cities to help establish or develop non-profit programs that promote environmentally friendly city living.

I was born and raised in San Jose, CA (50 miles south of San Francisco). At Penn State I am involved in a business fraternity, Dance Marathon, and Penn State Outing Club. I love to hike and enjoy the outdoors in my free time. This semester is my first semester in the College of Ag. Sciences so I am eager to meet more CED students and get involved in more Ag. related clubs. I am looking forward to learning a lot about developing cities and communities and what we can do to help these places thrive!

4 comments:

  1. Urban development and environmentalism is an awesome cross section of interests. Are there any particular non-profits you're interested in? Also, if you want to meet more CED students, there is a CED semester kick off on Tuesday Sept. 6th. Let me know if you want more info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA myself, and think urban development and sociology are really cool fields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish to have a career that focuses on development in urban communities, and I am very interested in research methods that promote environmentally friendly city living as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wish to have a career that focuses on development in urban communities, and I am very interested in research methods that promote environmentally friendly city living as well.

    ReplyDelete