Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hello CED230!

My name is Thomas Klinikowski and I am a junior at Penn State majoring in Community and Environmental Development (CED). I am a local meaning I was born and raised in State College, PA, so I've been a Penn State fan long before I started attending this school. I am really interested in not only international development, but domestic development as well. When I graduate from Penn State I either plan to enroll in grad school, or join the peace corps. I would really like to study abroad in a developing nation with the hopes of gaining some skills in bringing communities together before I graduate and enter the real world. I would really like to work with struggling communities in the United States as my profession, but only time will tell what I actually get involved in! Taking CED230 is another step in the direction I want to head in life, and I am very excited to be a part of the coarse. I have a feeling that this course will be very beneficial in providing me with the right information I need to learn about the ways different communities operate across the globe. Outside of school I enjoy skateboarding, playing guitar, as well as listening to many different genres of music. 


1 comment:

  1. Where were you thinking about studying abroad? Let me know if you need any help getting information about available programs. International development templates can definitely be useful when thinking about domestic development. I'm looking forward to talking about those issues more in depth with you in class!

    ReplyDelete